Monday 21 May 2012

Tis the season to get boozy!

Strichen is past and what a weekend it was! I haven't had that volume of alcohol in my system for a very long time. In fact, since I met my man. Never mind. It was such a good one, I'm excited for the next already! Although, I'm worried that a certain person decides to turn up and ruin the whole damn thing. But I won't let that cloud my thoughts right now. There are more pressing matters. Matters such as discussing the possibility of buying a motorhome with my dad for us to use for festivals/weekends away. After being in a tent, my joints are back to being very painful and it's not something that I want to happen on a regular basis. I was also cold and on my own in the tent and didn't exactly feel safe. So a camper is the way forward. And low and behold, we've found one that's ideal. It's a four berth, made in 1987 - it's the only one we can afford - and it's been completely renovated inside. It's completely watertight and looks so good it's crazy! And it's not far away! So the phone must be lifted today and the idea discussed completely with my father. We've looked into other models and ages and nothing else suits as well. We've investigated insurance and whether we'd both be able to drive it. In short, yes. Although I need to be over 25 for us to get a cheaper quote for insurance if I'm going to be legal to drive it. For now, the man will be the policy holder and do the driving. I don't mind and thankfully, neither does he. It's just so exciting that it might be able to happen and I'm looking forward to seeing the reaction from my dad. It's just that there's no point in us having the caravan that my dad is looking after. Don can't drive with it, we can't get a towbar on any of our cars and it's just not practical. However, a camper is a different story. As long as it's not over 7.5T and not for carrying over 8 passengers or goods then even I can drive it without getting another category added to my license.

So, three weeks til Keith. What's the bet that I'll have my camper by then and have it ready to party in?

No comments:

Post a Comment